FLUENSEA is a classic Sparkman & Stephens design aptly described by John Kretchmerin in his book "Sailing a Serious Ocean", as a boat that would sail anywhere in complete confidence. His boat of choice.
Just dropped $40,000 in price from $786,500 to $746,500!
Hylas 49's are well recognized as exceptional offshore sailing vessels. The moderate overhang forward and the scoop transom give her ends buoyancy that is rare on most modern vessels. The 49 is a great blend of speed and comfort. Owners of these terrific sailing vessels have enjoyed hundreds of thousand of sea miles aboard.
FLUENSEA is in AS NEW shape. The current original owner's cruising experience with the yacht has mostly been the coastal Carolinas and one trip out to Bermuda and back in summer 2015.
Of special note on FLUENSEA are the following:
• This is a two cabin version. The forepeak is a large Head. Just behind that is an enlarged stateroom with a double bed.
• This allows more space so there is also have a sail locker just behind the anchor locker that is accessed from the deck. Not typical of most 49's.The forward layout is similar to the Hylas 46 but there is a sail locker forward similar to a 63. The aft portside head is also larger on FLUENSEA and has a separate shower. The navigation station is side facing and a little smaller.
• Since new, the owner has added a Magnum 2800 inverter, and a Iridium Dock with remote antenna.
• Also added a mast mounted whisker pole, and a stern antenna pole.
• The hull has been painted Flag Blue.
• The dinghy and outboard are not included at this asking price.
• Big Ticket EXTRA's are the:
Schaeffer Boom System,
Northern Lights genset,
Cruiseair A/C system with dehumidifier,
SidePower Bow Thruster,
Antal Electric Winches, among others
FLUENSEA's full build-sheet with all extra's is available upon demand.
FLUENSEA is LOADED and ready to go.
Draft: 6'0" dry weight
Fuel Capacity: 145 gallons
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Number of Engines: 1
Engine Make: Yanmar
Engine Power: 75 hp