FLASH – Setting the standard for luxury performance cruising catamarans.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire an impressive HH66 – one of the luxury performance cruising catamarans that have set the bar for performance luxury sailing, worldwide. With her Morrelli & Melvin design pedigree, her generous interior spaces, and clever use of ultra-modern materials, FLASH delivers a level of performance and luxury, not generally found in fast sailing catamarans. A tastefully customized build, this is not a “cookie-cutter” vessel – but a luxury craft, which meets the needs of the most discerning yachtsman. Unique styling, innovative sailing systems, and a beautiful interior, combine to make FLASH a truly exceptional yacht.
High-performance elements make this boat a competitive racer in any venue – while allowing you to cruise, or make safe, fast passages – with comfortable +350nm days. And all of this, with a unique styling and fine finish, providing comfort and ambience second to none.
No matter your preference – whether you want to race, cruise Caribbean waters, explore the reaches of the South Pacific, or simply pass the time in a Mediterranean fishing port – FLASH will deliver – in style.
Not for Sale while in USA waters.
|Price||Call for Price|
Built by HH Catamarans
Design and Structural Engineering by Morrelli and Melvin
HULL AND DECK STRUCTURE
- Infused Carbon/Epoxy, construction
- Composite sandwich construction, post-cured in oven, for maximum strength
- Thermo formed foam core, to increase strength and reduce weight
- Constructed in female molds for minimum construction weight
- Additional carbon fiber reinforcing in highly loaded areas
- Carbon fiber longitudinal stringers and ring frames
- Sacrificial “false” bow and forefoot in case of impact
- Watertight bulkheads to seal off bow and stern compartments
- Additional watertight compartments in each hull
- Structural composite hull floors to save weight and add stiffness
- Carbon fiber chain plates
- Symmetric curved (“C”) Daggerboards, 6m long, constructed with prepreg carbon epoxy spars, carbon shear webs and carbon fiber skins determined by MM
- Curved dagger board cases constructed with vacuum bagged, carbon fiber, epoxy, foam sandwich construction
- Self-Aligning High Modulus Plastic top and bottom bearings
- Antal, 1200 Watt electric line drivers for raising and lowering of daggerboards
- Dagger board proximity sensors added, 2020
- High aspect spade rudders, carbon stocks, and carbon construction in self aligning watertight bearings
- 2 x additional shallow draft carbon rudders for cruising
- Awlgrip / Alexseal exterior/interior paints
- Hard semi-ablative Antifoul on hull bottoms
- Gloss paint on some bulkheads, interior hull and ceiling surfaces
- Synthetic liner on hull and ceiling surfaces
- Rolled grey barrier paint in bilges
- Exterior storage lockers: carbon surfaces sealed
- Ring frames and stringers in rolled white barrier paint
- Interior doors in gloss paint
- Teak veneer interior joinery
- Rolled matte white paint inside cabinetry
- All vertical joinery surfaces finished in open-grain matte varnish
- Interior floors and table tops finished in gloss filled-grain varnish
- Galley and head counters finished in Corian
- Seating upholstery in Ultra Leather.
MAST – Southern Spars
- Carbon fibre fractional non-rotating mast, mast head, spreaders
- Pre-preg Standard modulus carbon fibre autoclave baked for minimum voids
- Stainless Steel mast step, rocker style to allow variation of fore/aft mast rake and athwartship shroud stretch
- Integral shroud terminals at top of mast, loops at bottom
- Carbon fibre gooseneck with stainless steel pin.
- Mesh conduit for mast electrical cables
- Foldaway nylon steps to access main halyard
- Halyards lead to forward pit
- Halyard storage in forward pit
- Main halyard, 1:1- 3 reefs – Harken ball bearing headboard car, Rigging Projects Headboard – Halyards locks for: Staysail, fractional halyard (J0/A5) and Mainsail
- Fractional halyard, Bottom up furling A5
- Solent halyard, lashed off at top when raised.
- Staysail halyard, removable stay option, on constrictor when loaded
- Fixed Lazy Jacks lead to spreaders for easy sail hoisting
- Topping lift 1:1
- Cunningham for mainsail and reefs – lead to winch
- Ion dispensing lightning protection connected to hull Dynaplate
Spreader lights: down, for coachroof and foredeck, upward facing (4) for reef points and main
BOOM – Southern Spars
- Pre-preg standard modulus carbon fibre autoclave baked for minimum voids
- Box boom tube with stylised racks for mainsail stack with sheave boxes and locks for 3 reef lines lead fwd to mast and to winches in fwd pit
- Pad eye and Spectra strop for lashing loose footed mainsail clew
- Lazy jacks / new stack pack for main sail
- Reef hooks (Karver) for reefs 1-3
- In boom hydraulic ram, main sheet
LONGERON – Southern Spars
- Pre-preg standard modulus carbon fibre autoclave baked for minimum voids
- Custom deep dual tapered section
- 3:1 Tack outhaul for Reacher tack
- Carbon attachment points for the Solent forestay, Staysail tack, Reacher tack, Asym Tack
- E6 – stays to each bow to end of longeron with lashed ends for articulation
- Carbon section Pelican striker
- Kevlar whisker stays attached to dolphin striker for vertical support
- Custom aramid forestay with furler (1) for Solent.
- Custom aramid lower (2) and cap (2) shrouds with loops to chain plates
- Custom carbon superior and inferior diamond with integral turnbuckles
- Custom carbon martingales with loops to chain plates
- Reacher torsional stay A5 on cable
- Doyle Sails – New 2022
- Main – Doyle 2022- Square Top, with 3 reef points
- Solent – Doyle 2022 with UV leech protection and removable cover.
- Staysail – Existing North sail. Roller furling. Storable.
- A5 – Doyle 2022
- Asymmetrical – Downwind spinnaker, with snuffer. Original A4 from North – 2020
J0 – Doyle Cableless – sheeting inside the shrouds for light upwind or out outside for power reaching – and heavy air downwind.
Set of spare sails: Main, Solent,
All shrouds, headstay, whisker/side stays, tramps, loops for shrouds, martingale replaced with K49, 2021
- Halyard control lines led to fwd pit
- Furling lines lead to fwd pit
- Sail control lines led to fwd pit
- Halyards and control lines equipped with lashing ends, including:
- Mainsheet traveler on a line driver. Sheet on hydraulic ram in boom.
- Tack, cunningham and reef lines run to fwd pit
- Self tacking solent sheet run to fwd pit
- Self tacking staysail sheet run to fwd pit
- Reacher sheets – option to run to forward cockpit winches, or to aft cockpit winches
- Asymmetric sheets – option to run to forward cockpit winches, or to aft cockpit winches
- Main halyard 1:1 new halyard in 2021- locking headboard car by harken – 2021
- Staysail halyard 1:1 – on lock with 3:1 downhaul on tack
- Reacher – asymmetric halyard 1:1 on Hall lock. Tack on 3:1. A4 on 14mm Halyard, 1:1 with Karver lock at mast base and a Tylaska on a strop at the end of the longeron
- Loops or shackles for all blocks
- Furler lines continuous, for: J0 & A5
- Solent furler line
- 3 Harken 990’s electric self-tailing 24V winches, with toe controls, for all lines in fwd pit.
- 2 Harken 990’s electric self-tailing alloy 24V winches, on aft beam, with toe controls
- Winch Kill switches for all winches
- 10″ aluminum winch handles with holders (2)
- Spinlock or constrictor clutches for control lines where needed:
- Harken self tacking jib track with pin stops
- Main sheet on hydraulic ram in boom – Harken hydraulic PCU
- Reacher sheet system consists of: 1) Harken blocks (2) 2) Harken padeyes (2)
- Mast base blocks, Harken floating 75, on soft lashings.
- Forward trampolines, with Spectra border line,
- Composite stanchions (1m) with three levels of Dyneema lifelines
- Lewmar 10 Flush deck hatches, one per head, with privacy screens
- Lewmar 44 Flush deck hatches, one per stateroom, with privacy screens
- Lewmar 4 opening port lights, one per stateroom and heads with privacy screens
- 2 x Goiot CE certified escape hatches
- Saloon & Topside windows, tinted toughened glass
- Passerelle with stanchions
DOCKING AND ANCHORING
- Lewmar retractable bow thruster
- Electric windlass, Lewmar V5, inside fwd underwing locker
- Rope/chain automatic gypsy sized for chain and 3-strand nylon anchor rode
- Rocna 40kg Anchor (1)
- Foldable Fortress anchor 21kg.
- Anchor rodes: 200′ of 5/16″ SS chain with 75′ of nylon rode
- Bridles: Tylaska 20 with custom mooring bridal, anchor bridal and storm bridal. As well as anchor strop connections.
- Anchor bridle padeyes on inboard hull sides forward with backing plates
- SS anchor roller exit fwd underwing
- Salt and fresh water wash down in anchor locker
- Eight 50′ X 3/4″? Mega Braid dock lines with chafe protected eyes
- Eight 30′? x 3/4″ Mega Braid dock lines with chafe protected eyes
- Four Fenders, 18×60 and x10 12×36 with covers
- 8 Cleats
STORAGE LOCKERS – FORWARD OF MAST
- Large watertight stowage lockers on forward stbd and port bridgedeck.
- Large watertight genset locker on side of centerline forward of mast
- Windlass/chain locker, centerline forward of mast
BOW LOCKERS – PORT AND STB BOW
- Enormous watertight storage in bows for sails, hoses, fenders etc.
- 2 Yanmar diesel 4JH75 (75hp) with SD60 Saildrives (replaced 2019)
- Gorie Props, “Prop-Speed” on props
- Tachometer, fuel, hours, temperature, amp gauges
- Water temperature and oil pressure audio alarms
- ZF Controls
- Engine room ventilation blower with 3″ ventilation hoses
- Custom composite engine silencer, muffler, and water lift with GenSep water separator, gas through under wing/chamfer panel and water below waterline
- l Oil changers plumbed for engine and transmission in each engine box
- l 2 x 375 Litre Polypropylene diesel fuel tanks with cleanout ports and appropriate baffles
- l Filterboss fuel and water separators w/changeover valve for each fuel system
- l Shut-off valve on fuel tanks
- l Fuel tank 50mm SS deck fills, 1 per hull
- l Fuel tank fuel transfer from Port to Stbd
- Inside steering Station: with1050mm carbon fibre sculptured race boat steering wheel
- Spade rudders with carbon fibre shafts designed and engineered by MM
- Carbon crossbar with low play bevel boxes and hardware to ensure rudder alignment
- Custom self aligning water tight rudder bearings (4)
- Water containment tube and water tight bulkhead in case of collision
- Auto Pilot attachment to Port and Stbd steering tiller
- Aft Tillers (removable) in carbon, with aft side deck helm seats in carbon, with custom control panel on armrest for sail and daggerboard controls.
PLUMBING AND TANKS
- 2 Polypropylene 300 Litre water tanks
- 1 x Technicomar Sailor Compact 100 litre / hour with UV filters, 220VAC water makers.
- Hot and cold pressure water system in each hull
- Hot and cold pressure shower in Stbd transom
- 2 Isotemp 13 gallon hot water heaters 220v/75w and engine transfer heating, 1 each Port and Stbd
- Displacement pumps for steady pressure, less pump wear
- Electronic NMEA 2000 gauges for 2 water tanks, 2 waste tanks, and 2 fuel tanks
- Salt water wash down for decks, anchor rode, and windlass, one anchor locker, one aft stb transom
- Electric bilge pump system in each hull
- Portable emergency “Crash” manual bilge pump
- All sanitation hose odor resistant
- All flush mounted thru-hull fittings below waterline
- All seacocks labelled with tags
- All plumbing hoses are double clamped below waterline
- 2 deck fillers for removal of black water from tanks
- 2 black water tanks, 40gal ea
- Filtration system for drinking water in galley with separate dispenser at sink
VENTILATION & HVAC
- Manual blinds for each deck hatch and windows in the living spaces.
- Air conditioning and reverse cycle heat system, 70,000 BTU
- Zoned air conditioning, saloon, 2 x Stbd cabins, 3 x Port cabins, (6)
- Custom fixed, acrylic, portlights in hull with Lewmar opening ports in each head, shower, berth
- Designed to ABYC regulation – Service in both 12 & 24 VDC and 220VAC
- Shore power 220V
- 1 x Genset, Northern lights ?Extra light? 6KW
- 2 x 24v 110A engine alternators
- 3.36KW Solar Panel Array – Panels replaced 2021
- 720 amp/hr Lithium Ion Battery Bank (4 x 180amp hour with built in battery management system)
- 3 x Optima AGM starting batteries
- 2 x 24V 100amp Mastervolt Mass chargers (house chargers)
- 2 x 12/50A Mastervolt Charger masters (Ship?s systems, engine start port starboard, genset start, radio battery)
- Inverter 24VDC 7000W
- 70,000 BTU Dometic air conditioning unit. With individual air handlers in each cabin and saloon.
- 110v single outlets at:
- Galley (4)
- Nav (2)
- Cabins (5) One in each
- Heads (4) One in each
- Saloon (2)
- LED Courtesy Lights in:
- Aft cockpit (4)
- Transom Steps (4)
- Companionways (6)
- Hull hallways (4)
- Heads and showers (8)
- Flush LED warm white spotlights in:
- Saloon ceiling above galley (10)
- Aft cockpit (4)
- LED reading Lights at:
- Nav station (1)
- Each berth, three at each Queen, and two at each single
- Heads (8) two in each
- LED navigation lights
- Stern light on aft edge of bimini
- Anchor light at masthead
- Steaming light on front face of mast
- Compass light
- Overhead dome lights in engine rooms, and transom and bow locker compartments
- 1 x Ocean LED underwater light on each transom (2 total)
- 2 x Upward facing mast lights on spreaders
- 4 x Trampoline lights
- Dinghy Davit Lights
- Boom Lights
Base Navigation System – Helm Station x1, Nav Station x1
- B&G H5000 Zeus touch screen displays integrating radar/ chart overlay/ weather routing/ yacht systems/ autopilot/ performance numbers system integrated with Ipod / laptop as remote display and control
- 1x GPS Antenna
- B & G Hercules 5000 system processor
- 1x Wind vane
- 1x Sounder Module
- 1x Thru Hull transducer
- 1x 4G Radar Broadband System
B&G H5000 Analog Expansion Module
B&G H5000 3D Motion Sensor
Auto Pilot System – Triton, Pilot add-on System
- 2x Triton Pilot Controller
- 2x Triton Pilot Computer
- 2x Rate Compass
- 2x Rudder Feedback Unit
- 1x Remote Commander system
- YACHT COMMANDER system for throttles, bow thruster, remote steering, windlass
COMMUNICATIONS BASE SYSTEM
- Onboard Wi-Fi router
- 1x VHF MARINE RADIO, Simrad /B&G
- 1x VHF antenna
- 1x Class B AIS System with GPS antenna
- Upside up System
- CZone remote monitoring – with SENTINEL added 2020
- (2) iPad Pro repeaters from B&G for Bucket seat steering
- Custom carbon steering wheel
- Helm seat with Ultra-Leather wrapped 4′ reticulate open cell foam cushions
- Push button controls for hydraulic bridle main sheet.
- Moonroof – glass, electric opening, by Webasto. For ventilation, and clear view of mainsail.
- 2x Toughened glass doors, for access to forward cockpit.
- High gloss carbon fiber designed features
- Teak veneer cabinetry
- Navigation/communication station on starboard side; ample room for electronics
- Custom manual blinds for the side and forward outboard saloon windows. Mounted behind custom ceiling moldings.
- Ceiling covering, stretched “Whisperwall”
- Settees (1) with Ultra-Leather wrapped 5? reticulate open cell foam cushions.
- Table in light veneer, approx 1.50 x 1m , adjustable to bed, if needed.
- Retractable TV, fold down from ceiling
- Electric Keyboard to Starboard, behind Navigation Station
- Galley working surface, Coriander.
- 4 burner Force 10 stove
- Double stainless steel sink with faucet
- Vitrifrigo fridge drawers below counter
- Vitrifrigo freezer drawers below counter
- Ample storage cabinets below counters
- Filtration system for drinking water in galley. With separate dispenser at sink.
- 1 ice maker
- 1 wine bar, capacity for up to 24 bottles
STATEROOMS (4) ENSUITE
- Queen sized (60″ x 80″ x 6?) berth in cabins
- Planus Arctic electric toilet system
- (1x) “Jack& Jil” shower compartments, port and starboard hulls. With access from each head.
- Wall mounted shower with temperature controlled mixer
UTILITY ROOM (Starboard Stern)
- 1 Washer/Dryer
AFT COCKPIT, TRANSOM STEPS
- Sliding glass door to create large walk-through saloon access
- Walk-through access to transom steps
- Teak floor
- Settee with Ultra-Leather wrapped 5″ reticulate open cell foam cushions.
- Exterior dining area with Ultra-Leather wrapped 5″ reticulate open cell foam cushions.
- Storage lockers in settees and dining area
- Stainless steel folding swim stairs (75mm tread width) integrated in Stbd transom
- 2 Tables, one convertible to lounging.
- Outdoor hot-cold water shower at Stbd transom
- Two carbon dinghy davits with electric self contained lift winches with Up/Down controls, 500kg max dinghy / motor weight combined
- Bose V25 Home Entertainment System with 5 x speakers
- Apple TV
Cockpit Aft Entertainment
- Bose 131 marine speakers 2
- Simplified “Upside Up” anti capsize system, with shroud load sensors and Mainsheet dump
- 8 Man life raft, Hand held VHF, Hailer/Foghorn, lifejackets
- MOB’s, with buttons
A WORD FROM THE DESIGNERS
“The HH66 represents the evolution of Morrelli and Melvin’s 25 years of performance catamaran designs. We blended lessons gained from three America’s Cup campaigns, around the world records, 24 hour records, and over 25 custom cruising cat designs, for discerning owners, from 46ft to 90ft. We have listened to, cruised and raced with our clients to understand their needs, and incorporate these ideas and features into the design of the HH66 Super Cat.
In collaboration with Hudson Yacht’s international team of design engineers and builders, we have strived to bring the best equipment, building materials and techniques to this next generation performance luxury cruising cat.
Utilizing state of the art, light and strong materials, allows us to maintain an unusually high degree of luxury finishes and details, not normally found in performance cruising cats. The HH66 is a light and strong race boat in disguise, so owners can enjoy all the comforts of home, to make any time spent on board luxurious, fun and safe.”
— Gino Morrelli – Morrelli & Melvin —
Number of Engines:
200 gal x 2
Morelli & Melvin
150 hp total
Draft: 5' 6"
Fuel Capacity: 200 gal x 2
Designer: Morelli & Melvin
Hull Material: Composite
Number of Engines: 2
Engine Make: Yanmar 4JH4E-75-TE
Engine Power: 150 hp total
Beam: 28' 6"