HH44 Performance Cruising Catamaran
INTRODUCING THE PARALLEL HYBRID HH44
The HH44 is a disruptive new market entrant designed for those seeking the perfect balance of style, performance, safety, and innovation. The carbon composite construction, parallel hybrid HH44 is a game changing, eco-friendly cruising yacht, poised to win the hearts and minds of early tech adopters, world cruisers and serious sailors.
Like all HH Catamarans, the HH44 features excellent sailing performance, strong and robust hull construction using substantial Carbon Fiber reinforcements, exquisite interior finish and detailing, and the very best marine equipment. Every line and curve has been carefully considered and executed to create the most beautiful 44ft cruising catamaran on the planet.
The HH44 was conceived from the ground up to work with a parallel hybrid system. The HH44’s parallel hybrid provides all the benefits of an electric boat, silent fume free motoring, instant torque for maneuvering and hydro-regeneration while sailing, with the reliability of a trusty diesel engine. The helms have been positioned in the aft corners which opened up the cabin top for up to 3.2kW of solar panels (+.5kW mounted on the davits) to complement the hybrid. The hydro-regeneration combined with the possibility of huge solar and excellent sailing performance in all wind strengths give the HH44 essentially infinite range.
The parallel hybrid system can operate in several different modes:
- Standard mode – operate the diesel engines with the hybrid system disengaged, just as you would on a traditional yacht.
- Engine mode – operate the diesel engines as you usually would, with all extra horsepower being pulled off the engines and used to charge the large battery bank.
- Generator mode – Disengage the clutch in the prop shaft and turn the two diesel engines into two 6kW DC generators.
- Silent mode – Disengage the electric motors from the diesel engines and use the electric motors to provide 10kW of silent propulsion power per shaft (20kW total)
- Hydro Regen mode – while sailing, disengage the electric motors from the diesel engines, open the folding propeller and allow it to free-spin, this turns the shafts and the electric motors generating electricity for free! Regen mode is greatly enhanced by the fast sailing speeds of the HH44.
- Safety being paramount, the HH44’s redesigned enclosed aft cockpit provides a secure platform to live and operate the boat. Closed transoms and uncluttered side decks make the boat more child and pet friendly. A clean aft beam, with davit winches hidden below and the mainsheet traveller on the cabin top, creates a safer aft cockpit with uninterrupted views aft.
Not only do the closed transoms increase the safety of the HH44, when lowered, the transom platforms provide four feet of additional living space and an easy connection with the water at anchor. The parallel hybrid system further contributes to the enhanced safety of the HH44, offering complete redundancy of dual propulsion systems in each hull.
Every detail of the HH44 has been designed to maximize comfort and livability. All deck hatches are mounted flush, lines lead under deck to helms, equipment to power the carbon daggerboards up/down is hidden. A continuous unbroken toe rail running the length of the deck houses mooring equipment, padeyes, stanchions and deck fills, while providing completely clean unobstructed side decks.
Both large flat forward windows open completely for ventilation and increase one’s connection with the sea while relaxing in the generously sized (17.4m2) salon. Aft salon windows are hinged and open fully to allow continuous flow from salon to aft cockpit. Dual aft helms pivot in/out for protection/visibility/sailing experience. Flip down helm seats are out of the way for everyday living, and are simply deployed when needed. All sail controls are managed from the aft helm stations: hoisting and reefing the main, furling sails, trimming sheets, and adjusting the daggerboard position.
The port hull hosts the owner’s suite, with queen berth, full size wardrobe, and ensuite head and shower. Two guest cabins are to starboard, a queen berth aft, and double berth forward. Exceptional craftsmanship is evident throughout with foam core joinery and real wood veneers, top of the line equipment and appliances. On deck the best quality soft EVA foam decking provides non-skid comfort underfoot and easy maintenance.
Just Catamarans is an exclusive HH Catamarans dealer. Contact Just Catamarans for pricing and the newest slot dates.