British Yachting Awards Names Outremer 55 Catamaran
‘2020 Multihull of the Year’
BREAKING: British Yachting Awards has awarded the Outremer 55 MULTIHULL OF THE YEAR for 2020! The O55 beat out the Excess 11, Bali Catspace, Neel 47, Windelo 50, and the Dragonfly 40 (runner-up).
The award was announced December 3, 2020 – just days after the recent launch of Hull #1 for the Outremer 55 in La Grande Motte, France. Watch the video below for the launch.
The Outremer 55’ catamaran is easy to handle, short-handed or alone. She offers living spaces, circulation on board, light, and ventilation that are all setting new standards.
Congrats to our friends at the Outremer Shipyard. Just Catamarans is proud to be the exclusive Outremer distributor in North America.
Key features of the Outremer 55
- High average speeds and good course keeping allowed by the retractable daggerboards shorten passage times meaning you can get to shelter ahead of bad weather.
- The CFD (Computational Fluids Dynamics) models have reduced drag and forward resistance while allowing for higher carrying capacity when blue water cruising.
- All sail handling maneuvers are brought back to the helm station, controlled by winches set lower for easy control, allowing you to manage the boat single-handed.
- A new feature for an Outremer, the twin helm stations can be tilted either inboard, into the cockpit, or outboard to the side-deck. This allows you to be comfortably sat on the double bench seat on deck, with a perfect view of the sail plan. In heavy weather, or under too hot a sun, you can pivot them down to the lower position. You will then benefit from optimal protection under the bimini while keeping an unobstructed view through the saloon windows.
- The large island galley, the boat’s nerve center, is very friendly. With its foldable extension, it allows you to dine with excellent visibility forward or allows you to keep an eye on the course while cooking, and still be able to chat with those in the cockpit or saloon.
- Extensive research was carried out on the choice of materials with low environmental impact for the design and construction of the Outremer 55. For example the use of reusable infusion devices (silicone sheet type) and optimized on-board energy management.