2017 Outremer 51
|Location||Cape Cod, MA|
FULLY OPTIONED OWNERS VERSION OUTREMER 51 CATAMARAN – PERFORMANCE CRUISING MULTIHULL
LA VIE is an exceptional and distinctive Outremer 51 catamaran, customized by the owners based on usage to enhance a safe, high-performing, comfortable, and reliable yacht. LA VIE is distinctive on the market in its exemplary condition and with numerous upgrades.
What makes her different?
1. Initial build options
With an emphasis on performance and safety (such as an all carbon mast/bimini and bulkheads), comfort in all seasons (AC and separate heating ), and flexibility (starboard forward cabin configurable; convertible saloon table; US or European shore power inlets )
2. Numerous significant upgrades for safety comfort and performance. Such as doubling battery and solar capacity, completely independent autopilot on a separate network, staysail on roller furler.
3. Pristine maintenance and distinctive preventative maintenance at premier Newport Shipyard. Proactive maintenance program, staying ahead of need. Including -Replaced standing and running rigging, engine maintenance (elbows, sensors, sail drive seals, etc); mast pulled and inspected and spreaders repainted; much more
4. Broad Sail configuration choices include a fully battened main, Genoa, furling staysail, multiple reaching sails, and a symmetrical spinnaker. All in good or better condition.
5. Modest amount of use: a single Atlantic crossing, a Bahamas trip, and a single Caribbean trip. New England sailing up and down to Florida.
She is a pleasure to sail and live aboard and is ready to leave on a long passage, a coastal season or a circumnavigation.
Outremer 51 VIDEO
Outremer 51 DETAILS
Carbon fiber mast, bimini, bulkheads, crossbeam and steering wheel; for weight and strength
3 cabin layout; starboard bow is convertible: sleeping cabin (Normal) or office/desk or fully open space.
Inner forestay for staysail (requires carbon crossbeam)
SAILS & RIGGING
- Broad suite of sails to perform well and safely in all conditions. Sails in good or better condition:
(to loft every year for washing, inspection, minor maintenance )
- Hydranet square top, fully battened Mainsail
- Mainsail bag New 2023
- Hydranet genoa
- Hydranet staysail, on low profile, reefable furler (2022)
- Code D, light use
- Code 0, light use
- High wind Symmetrical spinnaker (2022) 110sq meter stormlite 210. Up to 30kts true. ATN sock.
- Delta Voile Storm bag (2022)
- Working with premier Newport rigger:
- Standing rigging upgraded and replaced in 2021 including new Kevlar shrouds
- Running rigging replaced 2021-2023; virtually all lines taken 1 level up in strength and/or added dyneema sheaths at potential chaff areas. Main halyard, daggerboard lines, sheets, etc
- Mast removed /inspected, spreaders re painted and top stripe redone 2021
- Continuous furler run into cockpit for use with electric winches
- Headsail furling controlled by electric winch buttons at helm and starboard (for short-handing)
- Trampolines replaced 2022
- Rigging inspection every year
- 110V / 12V
- Shore power: US 110v 50amp and European 220v
Integrated mastervolt system :
- 1660w solar panels (Solbian flex panels added to Bimini 2022). 3 independent Mastervolt controllers.
- Mastervolt lithium batteries upgraded 2xUltra6000, 920ah (2022)
- Mastervolt Mass sine Inverter 11/2000
- Mastervolt Charge master Battery charger
- Mastervolt master view control panel
- New engine batteries, alternators, mastervolt smart regulators and mastervolt battery to battery charger 2022
- 5kW Northern Lights Generator
- Watt &Sea racing hydro generator
- Electrical Lewmar winchs (4 total )
- Lewmar windlass
- USB Charging ports and 110v outlets, throughout. Numerous added each cabin to standard configuration.
- Convertible saloon table (lowers to create extra birth ) with mattress
- Dometic Air conditioning in all cabins w reverse cycle for heat
- Webasto Hydronic diesel heat with controls in each cabin for cold climates.
- Spectra Newport 400z ion Watermaker 16Gph with Touch Screen (new pump, booster pump, and membrane 2021-2023). Z ion extends membrane life without flushing or pickling
- Soba Clothes Washing machine.
- 2 x 60 Gal fresh water tanks
- Fully enclosing cockpit; enclosures can be used as complete enclosure, or only as mosquito screens
- Mosquito screens for doors to main salon
- cockpit cushions, Sunbrella
- External privacy/sun shades and internal role down shades entire main salon
- Sirocco fans in all cabins and main salon
- 3 electric toilets with salt/fresh water toggle. Only used fresh since 2017.
- Stern Shower hot and cold
- Hot water heater (new heating element thermostats 2022-2023); added switch to make hot water from solar/inverter (2022)
- Fold up desk in starboard passageway
- Single large sink (vs two small ones); full Corian Counter top and sink
- Airlux 3 burner stove and oven
- propane tank and secondary tank in storage locker
Isotherm Fridge. Replaced latch with titanium latch; water cooled (low power consumption) but also added a second, on demand fan cooled condenser for faster cooling and extreme heat situations (2022). Preventatively replaced thermostat 2022
- Isotherm Freezer with control so can use as fridge or freezer
- Seagull water filter with additional faucet for filtered drinking water at sink
- 77-pound ultra (2022)
- 80 meters of g4 3/8 chain (2022)
- Lewmar windlass
- Permanent anchor bridle and alternate bridle for cleats (for longer or shorter bridle situations ) replaced 2023
- Anchor control at helm, pedals on bow, and Bluetooth handheld (2) to raise /lower
- Secondary is Sarca Excel aluminum #5 2022, with 50ft chain and 100ft rope
- Wide variety of high-quality mooring and dock lines. 2022-2023
- Complete set, 2021-2024 of high-quality cylindrical vertical/horizontal and flat fenders all inflatable
- Replaced all thru hulls and seacocks, Marelon or bronze. Engineered a g10 backing plate all locations, fiberglassed to hull for safety, strength, and serviceability -2020
- 8-person offshore/extended Plastimo Life raft (last repack and certification fall 2022) with custom sunbrella cover
- Jack-lines and holding points at critical locations. Numerous added during build, beyond Outremer standard
- 2 Epirbs and fully equipped ditch bag (Vhf, gps, flares beyond offshore race requirements, handheld Watermaker, etc)
- Fire extinguishers (6 plus extras)
- LPG control
- Life Vests for 8 adults
All equipment is fully integrated B&G:
- 2 Zeus2 chartplotters nav and helm
- Both nav and helm have 2 triton multifunction displays and 1 autopilot control
- B&G AIS, depth/speed/temp
- Halo 24 radar (upgraded 2021)
- Autopilot -B&G Lecomble and Schmitt hydraulic.
- Added a second, identical and fully redundant L&S auto pilot on its own NMEA2k network
- Cordless Bluetooth autopilot control (2)
- 3 color mast navigational lights (for offshore ) deck level running lights for near coastal and marinas
- Interior red lighting
COMMUNICATIONS & RADIOS
- Iridium satellite phone on dock at nav station with handheld (antenna on mast)
- Iridium Go (antenna on mast)
- Starlink installed and wired
- B&G VHF radio and two Bluetooth handhelds integrated with all B&G
- Pre wired for SSB
- Fusion RA750 +BT +USB Sound System
- Fusion 6 speakers 2 zones
- Volvo D2-40s Under 800 hours each
- Added engine monitoring capability to chart plotters 2021
- Volvo saildrives
- Volvo 3 blade folding props
- 2x starter batteries (2022)
- Fuel tanks (2) 90 gallons total
- Added custom 40 gallon fuel bladder inside cockpit table (2022) for extended motoring capacity
- Added smart regulators and battery to battery charging (2022) so engine batteries charged when on the hard etc
- Preventative maintenance 2021-2023 includes new exhaust elbows, new alternators, all new sensors, new saildrive seals, moved MDIs off engine block, added thermostat-controlled blower fans each compartment for better ventilation and cooling. All done proactively. Plus normal service annually (twice in 2023)
- Recoated throttles 2022
- Highfield 310
- Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke electric start. Annual maintenance. New fuel and water pump 2023.
- Fortress dinghy anchor.
- Added Siren remote monitoring system: geolocation, door security, monitors: shore power, engine and house batteries, temperature, water in bilge. Thru cellular and satellite.
- Spares kit far exceeds the standard Outremer kit. 3x. Includes off boat spares (alternator, other heavy items, etc)
- Based on other owner input, proactively added structural reinforcement in several areas (ledge in engine compartment that people step on as example)
- Bow seats
Outremer 51 SPECIFICATIONS
Number of Engines:
2x 45 gallons
Volvo Penta D2-40
80 hp total
Draft: 3' 1"
Fuel Capacity: 2x 45 gallons
Designer: Barreau/ Neuman
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Number of Engines: 2
Engine Make: Volvo Penta D2-40
Engine Power: 80 hp total
Beam: 24' 9"